Saturday, May 16, 2009

Auto-wahh??!

Allo. Fluuuuue back in from Ottawa today. I had to wake up at 4:45 am Ottawa time, or 1:45 am Vancouver time. I'm not sure which time zone I was/am in, but it was painful either way. I slept for most of it, but the man next to me was apparently kind of odd, so say maternal sources. I watched most of To Kill a Mockingbird when I finally came to. Gregory Peck is dashing with or without lawyer spectacles. I'm a little glad I couldn't finish it because the sad ending would have been TMTH (yeah, I just abbreviated that) at 10 am Vancouver time.

Some cool things that happened include:
- Meeting and talking with Michaƫlle Jean. She is amazing.
- Walking across the bridge into Quebec, and seeing the Museum of Civilization
- Being a ballaaa in my own hotel room

Anyhow, in this bleary post-flight stupor, I want to...

Bust (a move, man) out Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain
Why? CUZZZ I spent a good part of my life looking through it at Chapters, Ottawa version, yesterday. Motivation: To make cool art for the apartment next year. Skills required: Being better at drawing. And we already have a copy, it's just not the "NEW" version. Time to unearth this gem from the annals (hee!)

Buy a bunch of yarn
Okay, so other knitting blog has been dormant, for a couple reasons. I took up the sweater again since coming home for the summer, but knitting with 5 balls of yarn at a time just makes me angry with humanity. And that little hate-o-meter is already set on high after coming back from 8 hours of receptionist duties. So I want to just make it one colour. And since I'm earning money/rollin' in the cash money flow, I can afford such things. It would mean a sweater knitted with less seething anger, and would be completed at a rate faster than 1 row per 15 minutes. Urban Yarns. Hit it up.

Go for a run
Okay here's the issue, or ischii: 
1. I'm lazy
2. I'm especially lazy when there aren't GOOD places to run. And I'm not all that demanding. All I want is some kind of trail or path that is reasonably long, is away from cars, houses, and non-running people, has a degree of sensory interest, and preferably loops back on itself. There are two places that are perfect for this in Vancouver: Pacific Spirit Park and Stanley Park. So why not run there? Can't do the forest because of the recent kill factor, and Stanley Park is somewhere I would have to drive annoyingly long times for. I guess I could suck it up but I'm not a very good driver.
As of now, there is no clear solution. 
Running around Quilchena is acceptable, but the thing is running back up the crazy hill with everyone staring at you. I don't want to be watched when I'm in that state!!!

Inspirational lyrics:
HIT ME!
Going, going, gone
Now I dialed 911 a long time ago
Don't you see how late they reactin'?
They only come and they come when they wanna
So get the morgue truck and embalm the goner
They don't care 'cause they stay paid anyway
They teach ya like an ace they can't be betrayed
I know you stumble with no use people
If your life is on the line they you're dead today
Late comings with the late comin' stretcher
That's a body bag in disguise y'all I'll betcha
I call 'em body snatchers quick they come to fetch ya?
With an autopsy ambulance just to dissect ya
They are the kings 'cause they swing amputation
Lose your arms, your legs to them it's compilation
I can prove it to you watch the rotation
It all adds up to a funky situation
So get up get, get get down
911 is a joke in yo town
Get up, get, get, get down
Late 911 wears the late crown







2 comments:

  1. k so you should a) practise driving by driving, not thinking you'll be okay by just not doing it and b) run in the forest, nobody's gonna get killed

    ReplyDelete